No products in the cart.
How to Add New Product
Whether you’re an experienced online seller used to various marketplace settings or new to online selling, here is an instruction that you can follow easily and start adding your first product and listing on KoaJoa.com. Sellers can sell Simple Product, Variable Product, and Virtual Digital Goods. We’ll start by explaining how to add a Simple Product, then Variable Product and Virtual Digital Goods.
1. Click on Products from the menu on the left of your Seller Portal. Click on Add New button to the right.
2. You’ll see the Add Product page where you can enter your product name and information.
3. Select a Product Type (Simple Product or Variable Product). If your product is a single product and does not have any options, select Simple Product. If your product has multiple options such as Color and Size, select Variable Product. If you select a Variable Product, you will have an option to add the attribute(s) and variations on the bottom of the Add Product page. But first, we’ll go through the Simple Product. We’ll go over Variable Product as well below.
4. Add a Product Title. Don’t include a Brand Name in the Product TItle. Be clear and use Case-Sensitive words.
5. Enter the Price of the product. If your product is on Sale or would like to show a Strike-Through Pricing, enter the original price in the Price field and enter the actual selling price (sale price) into a Sale Price. You can also set a schedule for sale date, sale quantity, etc.
6. Enter the Cost of your product (Cost of Goods), excluding tax. This is just for your informational use to calculate profit, etc.
7. Input a Short Description. We recommend using the Bullet Point descriptions here to display the Amazon style Bullet Point Description. See a short clip below on how to easily add a Bullet Point description. Below the video is an actual display of the Short Description on the product page.
8. Next, add a Description. Here you can enter a detailed description and images that you would like to show within the Description such as detailed product information, instruction, etc. This detailed Description will be displayed on the bottom of the Short Description section.
9. Add a Main Product Image. Click on the image box to add the Main Product Image. When you click on the image box, an Upload Files window will popup where you can Drag and Drop images or Select Files to upload. Please note that all images uploaded will be automatically compressed to reduce the file size, so it may take couple of seconds for it to process. Select the Main Product Image of your choice and click on Select.
10. You can Add More Product Image by clicking on the smaller image box. To add more product images, you can simply click on the + (Plus Sign) below the small image box to add more image box. You can also upload multiple images at once and the image boxes for the multiple images will be created automatically. Click and drag the image box to change the order of the images to your liking.
11. Select an appropriate Categories. At first, you will see the main Categories and if you click on the Blue Right Arrow (->), it will show all its sub-categories. Select the appropriate sub-category (deepest sub-category) for your product. Please note that you can only select 1 category/sub-category. If your product is Womens’ Pants, select Pants from Categories Clothing & Shoes > Womens > Clothing > Bottoms > Pants and your product will be automatically shown on all upper categories of Pants. So it is important to choose the deepest sub-category so that your product can be shown on all categories that’s above Pants category (Ex.: Clothing & Shoes, Womens, Clothing, Bottoms, Pants).
12. Select a Brands. Select a Brand from the list or you can Add New Brands by clicking on the +Add new Brands link on bottom of the Brands box. You can just ignore – Parent taxonomy – dropdown.
13. Enter the product Tags. You can enter the tags (keywords) for your product which will be helpful in search engines. Please use the appropriate tags that matches your product.
14. You may want to leave the Catalog visibility: Shop and search results setting alone as you would actually want your product to be shown on KoaJoa.com Shop page and on search results.
15. Inventory (Sub-menu) – Enter your product’s SKU number. It’s always a good practice to have a naming scheme for the product SKU. For example, a brand name of ABC and a product name of DEF and a color of Black and a size of Small would look something like ABC-DEF-BLK-S or similar. You can always choose your own SKU scheme. Choose how you want to Manage Stock. If the product is a Simple Product, you can check Manage Stock? button and enter the Stock Qty of an actual inventory quantity of the product. If the product is a Variable Product, uncheck Manage Stock? checkbox and you will enter a separate Stock Qty on each variation level. We’ll cover the Variable Product stock management after this.
16. Shipping (Sub-menu) – Enter the Weight of the actual shipping weight of the product in ounces (oz). Enter the Dimensions of the actual shipping package of the product in inches (in). Select the Processing Time as you need for the product if it is different from your store setting’s Processing Time.
17. Attributes (Sub-menu) – If you would like to display a different attribute of the product, such as color, size, etc., this is where you add the attribute(s). You can select from the pre-made attributes or add your own. If you don’t see the attribute you need and need assistance, please email us at [email protected] and let us know what attribute(s) you need and its value(s). We’ll add them and respond to your email request within 24 hours (usually just within hours).
18. Product Video (Sub-menu) – You can add a video for your product within the image gallery of the product page. Enter the Video URL (actually URL of the video file, not YouTube link), upload the Video Thumbnail if you have one, and select the Video Position where you want the video to show up, either on The first product gallery or The last product gallery. *Please note that the Video URL must be a link to the actual video file, it will not accept share link such as YouTube share link URL.
19. Product 360 View (Sub-menu) – KoaJoa.com provides you with the ability to create and add a Product 360 View on your listing. Viewers can easily see the 360 degrees view of your product by clicking on the image and dragging it. The more images you have in more angles, the smoother the 360 view will become.
20. Product Policies (Sub-menu) – If for any reason this product’s shipping, refund, policies are different from your store setting’s Policies, you can add a separate policies here. Leave blank unless you need to input a separate policy for the product.
21. When everything is completed, click on SUBMIT button on the bottom right corner of the page. If you need to save a draft and finish at a later time, you can click on DRAFT to save the product and continue later. Please note that the draft product will not be shown on the shop pages of KoaJoa.com.
1. If you have multiple variations (attributes) for the product such as Color and Size, choose a Variable Product as a product type. Here’s the different view of the product page when Variable Product is selected.
2. You will notice that there is no immediate field to enter the Prices of the product. This is because you’ll have a separate Variations option to enter for each variation at the sub-menu below the page.
3. Inventory (Sub-menu) – Enter the SKU as explained above, but this time, enter the Parent SKU of the product. For example, since we have multiple variation products, we will enter ABC-TEST for the SKU here and on each variation, we will enter the unique SKU such as ABC-TEST-BLK-S, ABC-TEST-BLK-M and so on. Make sure to uncheck the Manage Stock checkbox here because the Stock Quantity will be managed separately in each variations.
4. Attributes (Sub-menu) – Select the necessary variation attributes. We’ll use a clothing for example and select Color and Size attributes. If you need to add a new attribute, click on ADD button next to the Add attribute box to add. Then enter the Name of the attribute and Value(s) of the attribute as shown on the second image below.
5. Once you select the desired attributes, in this example, Color and Size, you will see an extra options for each attributes where you can add the Values for each attribute as seen on image below.
6. Active? checkbox need to be checked for you to enable that attribute for the product. Click on the box that says Search for an attribute … to select the necessary values you need. For Color attribute, you’ll see a list of various colors to choose from. You can select multiple Color values as needed. Do the same for the Size attribute. You can also ADD NEW value for the attribute if your desired value is not available. Add new values one by one.
7. For this example, we have selected the Color attribute with Black, Red values, Size attribute with S, M, L values as seen on the image below.
8. Variations (Sub-menu) – Once the Attributes selection has been completed to desired, click on Variations sub-menu. Then you will see the options to add the various variations as seen on image below.
9. Now we will add the variation products based on the attributes we have chosen. You can either add the variation products one at a time by selecting the drop-down options Any Color and Any Size or add all combination of variation products available in bulk. Since we would like to add all Color and Size variations, we’ll go ahead and use the Variations Bulk Options and choose Create variations from all attributes as seen on the image below. Then you will see a popup message asking you if you are sure to create new variation for each and every possible combination of variation attributes. Click OK.
10. Now you will see every possible combination of Colors Black, Red, and Sizes S, M, L as seen on the image below.
11. Now we need to enter the option values for each variation product. Click on the Blue Down Arrow to expand the options per variation. For example, we’ll start with Size S and Color Black. Once you expand the option for the variation product, you’ll see various fields as shown on the image below.
12. We’ll go over each fields for this variation product.
a) Enable Image – Check the Enable Image to upload and display an image for this specific variation option when customer selects Color Black and Size S.
b) Manage Stock – Check this so that you can enter the Stock Qty for this variation product. Remember, as explained above, uncheck the Manage Stock checkbox on the parent product from the Inventory sub-menu.
c) Regular Price – Enter the price of this variation product. If your variation product is on sale, you can enter the original price here and enter the Sale Price separately to display as on sale.
d) Sale Price – This is where you enter the Sale Price as explained right above to display pricing as a sale price.
e) Cost (excl. tax) ($) – Enter the cost (COGS) for this variation product to calculate the profit. This is only for your informational use and won’t be shown to the buyers.
f) Stock Qty – This is where you enter the actual available quantity of this variation product.
g) SKU – Enter the SKU for this variation product such as ABC-TEST-BLK-S.
h) Weight (oz) – Enter the actual shipping weight of this variation product.
i) Length, Width, Height (in) – Enter the package dimension of this variation product.
j) Shipping class – You can leave it as Same as parent to inherit from the Parent product.
k) Description – You can leave this field blank and it will automatically display the Description above the main product add/edit page. You can enter a different Description here if it is different from the main product description.
13. You can repeat these steps for the rest of the variation products. This instruction applies to Product Edit as well as you will see the same editing page.
1. Once you’ve learned how to add Simple and Variable Product type, listing a Digital Goods product is very easy. Simply check the two checkboxes named Virtual and Downloadable. You are now listing a Digital Goods such as E-Book, Software Products, etc.
2. When you check the Virtual and Downloadable checkboxes, you’ll see a Downloadable submenu at the bottom of the page. Shipping submenu is removed automatically because a digital product doesn’t need shipping as it will be downloaded after purchase. Click on Downloadable submenu and you’ll see the options as seen on the screenshot below.
3. Name – Enter the name of the Download Link that’ll appear to the customer for the link to download the digital product. It can simply just be Download File or a name of the file.
4. File – Click on UPLOAD button to upload the Digital Product you’re selling.
5. Download Limit – You can limit the number of times customer can download this digital product.
6. Download Expiry – You can set the expiration date of the download available to the customer.
That’s it! Enjoy selling.
* KoaJoa.com may edit/alter your product listing if necessary for optimization so that your product can be shown on Google and Facebook for various ads. Only the product listings that qualify for Google and Facebook feed will be accepted by Google and Facebook. So please provide detailed product information when listing.