No products in the cart.
1. In this tutorial, we’ll go over how to setup the Shipping Settings. First, click on Settings > Shipping to enter the Shipping Settings page.
2. You will see couple of settings on this page.
a) Enable Shipping – Check this if you want to enable shipping for your store.
b) Processing Time – The time required for actual shipping & handling (not delivery).
c) Shipping Type – You can choose from these Shipping Type options: Shipping by Zone, Shipping by Weight, Shipping by Distance. We’ll go over each Shipping Type below.
3. Shipping by Zone – This is the most common way to setup your shipping. If you have a set shipping rate that you charge your customers based on shipping methods, this will be the option to use. We’ll setup an example Shipping by Zone rate. Currently, KoaJoa.com only allows United States (US) sellers and only ships within United States (US). For now, you will automatically see United States (US) under Zone Name and Region(s). All you have to do is add the Shipping Method by clicking on Add Shipping Methods on the right of “No method found” message or clicking on Edit button below United States (US) under Zone Name.
4. Now you’ll see a new page where you can add the shipping method. From this page, click on Add Shipping Method link and a popup option will appear to Select Shipping Method. You’ll see 3 options: Flat Rate, Local Pickup, Free Shipping.
5. Flat Rate – If you want to charge customers a Flat Rate for shipping fee such as $4.99, you’ll choose Flat Rate and click ADD SHIPPING METHOD.
6. After you’ve clicked on ADD SHIPPING METHOD, Flat Rate will appear under Method Title. Make sure to check the checkbox below Status to have it enabled. Now click on Edit to enter the shipping fee and you’ll see a popup as below.
7. You can change the name of this shipping method such as USPS First Class Mail or USPS Priority Mail or simply Standard Shipping by editing the Method Title field. Add the actual shipping fee you would charge a customer for this shipping method on Cost field. We’ve mentioned $4.99 above but you can enter whatever amount you want but make sure to be fair as customers tend to avoid buying from sellers who charge high shipping fee. Don’t enter 0 because we’ll just use separate Free Shipping option for this purpose. You can ignore the rest of the field as this is an advanced option which is only necessary if you need to setup a special shipping fee. Click SAVE METHOD SETTINGS when done. If you want to setup two different types of Shipping Method such as Standard Shipping and Expedited Shipping or USPS First Class Mail and USPS Priority Mail, you’ll just repeat the steps above to add another shipping method with different Method Title and Cost as shown below.
8. Free Shipping – If you want to add a Free Shipping option, select Free Shipping from Add Shipping Method popup windows mentioned above on #4. Click on Edit button under Free Shipping to edit its option.
a) Method Title – You can leave this as Free Shipping or change to whatever you want such as US Standard Free Shipping.
b) Minimum order amount for free shipping – If you want to offer Free Shipping for orders over certain amount, for example $50, enter 50 into this field.
c) Click on SAVE METHOD SETTINGS to save and close the popup window.
9. Now you’ll see the 3 Shipping Methods that we’ve setup as seen on the image below. Since this was just an example, or you may actual use these example, you can decide on your own shipping methods and rates.
*Please note that you must setup the Shipping Settings in order to receive the order. That’s it!